We have implemented Datalake on Azure Platform for its finance department for reporting and analytics business use cases. It’s a decision support environment using Azure services and tools. Organization didn’t have any Data Intelligence Platform hence lack data analytics and reporting capability. All the application and systems hosted in different geography in silos and lacks data sharing and integration capability. So now they are building strategy to integrate application supporting all the major processes within the organization, is now looking at integrating the Decision Support environment closely with Microsoft’s Azure Platform.
Our Solution and Approach:
So, we had proposed solution to build Azure Datalake using Azure PASS service to support their Decision Support environment, data analytics and reporting BI solution.
We carried out this project in various phases.
Phase - 1
a) Analyzed existing subject areas for which application have been implemented at organization.
b) Conducted workshops, gap analysis, interview with stakeholders, gather business requirements, understand various scenarios and build business use cases
c) Build current and target Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information Architecture and Technology Architecture
d) Azure and cloud infrastructure analysis and documentation
e) Final Azure Datalake solution and technical architecture
Phase - 2
- Understanding Business Problem, Allow Relevant Data
- Ensuring Correct Metadata for Search
- Mandatory Automation process
- Data ingestion and processing
- Data querying
- Data Preparation
- Data Cleaning Strategy
Phase - 3
- Data curation and visualization
- Defined KPI’s for business reporting using Power BI reporting tool.
Benefits we delivered to client
- Faster time-to-insight
- Consistent Data
- Better Data Management approach, framework and controls to achieved operation efficiency
Nandini Consulting Lessons Learnt
- Data Management is key to implement data security, data privacy regulations & compliance